A full service of survey, assessment and mitigation advice for species protected by UK and European wildlife legislation, including bats, badger, great crested newt, otter, water vole and white-clawed crayfish. This includes legal compliance advice, protected species licence applications and designing and implementing a variety of mitigation and exclusion procedures. Holding current protected species survey and handling licences for great crested newt and white-clawed crayfish.
A thorough understanding of habitats, plant and animal groups and experienced in evaluating a wide range of habitats and assessing their conservation value. Surveys undertaken include ecological walk-over and Extended Phase-1, with services including:
• Assessing the impact of development (Ecological Impact Assessment (EcIA)
• Providing advice on mitigation and compensation measures
• Monitoring species and habitats
• Advising on habitat creation and conservation schemes
• Producing site, species and habitat management plans
• BREEAM assessments (Ecology & Land Use) / Code for Sustainable Homes