jh ecology provides a comprehensive mitigation service throughout the UK and works extensively across core areas of the South-west (Cornwall, Devon, Dorset, Gloucestershire, Somerset and Wiltshire); the South-east (Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Hampshire, London, Oxfordshire, Surrey and Sussex); and the Midlands (Birmingham, Herefordshire, Leicestershire, Warwickshire and Worcestershire).
We offer a comprehensive mitigation service, from the planning and feasibility stages right through to detailed design and implementation of your project. Working with groundworks contractors we can manage vegetation clearance, supervise installation of exclusion fencing and pitfall traps, along with animal translocation and on-going habitat maintenance and management.
Our mitigation services include:
- Production of Mitigation Method Statements for both habitats and species.
- Management and installation of mitigation measures for protected species, including badger, bats, dormice, great crested newts, reptiles and water voles.
- Identification of suitable receptor sites; capture and translocation of animals (i.e. great crested newts and reptiles) for release into new sites.
- On and off-site design and management of habitat creation and restoration measures, such as the creation of ponds, log piles and hibernacula.
- Advice on retention and management of sensitive habitats within a site, such as hedgerows and species-rich grasslands.
- On site ‘tool-box’ talks to site contractors and ecological clerk of works (ECoW).
- Post-mitigation monitoring.
Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01823 530 084 for further advice or help.